Monday, February 4, 2008

From the expert's mouth

A good friend of mine is quite prominent in her (medical) field and she mentioned meeting up with a former colleague from school who is an expert on body language. Hmmm, I thought, might I be able to give her some photos for him to give me a quick evaluation on? Neither she nor he are into royalty, by the way, so neither knew who these people were. Furthermore, he doesn't know who I am or anything about this blog so there were no preconceived notions, as it should be.


The first overwhelming response this man got from the photos was, as many of us without a PhD after our name have already concluded, that Frederik is not happy. Even the smiles are not full on and are a mask for disappointment, frustration, and that general feeling many married people have of "I'll just put up with it, might as well, I'm married." Definitely not someone who is with someone he considers a partner. He is happier when it comes to his children, but even they can't make up for the sadness that is in him.


Another remark he made that goes along with the feelings I have expressed in this post and comments that you, my lovely readers, have made, is that Mary loves the spotlight. She has gotten what she wants but has started to find it lacking, although she loves showing off what she has gotten, i.e. the husband, in the photos where she is looking at him in a faux-adoring way; the children, although she can't quite mask that they are a disappointment to her but she will use them to garner attention; her things, she wears things to show them off and show that she has them, he doesn't know anything about fashion labels on what she's wearing but the way she poses is much like a model whose job is to show the clothes. She wishes she could "make" her husband do things, this is what he got from the shots of them alone in the woods, she keeps trying to force him to pose with her and that reflects on her relationship with him. He tries to make her happy but doesn't know how (because he doesn't know her that well after all this time? Just a thought.) and is frustrated at himself.


Regarding the children, he said that Mary is the dominant person in that family and the other three (Fred and the kids) kind of cower together, he can see them three bonding as her disappointment with each of them grows and her life begins to lose its luster, and then she might find she is alone in her family because she has alienated her husband and children.

Anyway, that's what I got. Of course, being the idiot that I am I forgot to include a wedding photo but I think that might have made it too easy for him :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quote:”...in the photos where she is looking at him in a faux-adoring way;”

I'm so glad to finally see this written out in words! I thought I'm crazy because no one else would back me up on that, but Mary looks at him in a, yes, “faux-adoring way.”

She does that quite regularly, "look what an admirable wife I am, I look up to my wonderful husband. Can you see it? Did you get the picture? Should I purse my lips a bit more? y' got the picture now?

Anonymous said...

This photo shoot made me sick. Does anyone give a toss about all of these staged and posed photos where Frederik looks about as pleased to be there as he would be about a wart on his face. It is SO CLEARLY Mary's panicked response to the Trine Villemann book and to me, that says it must have hit a (truthful) raw nerve.

Anonymous said...

Notice that Meary has a different Cartier watch on in every photo shoot and she expertly tilts her wrist towards the camera each time to make sure it gets in the shot.

She's prouder of those watches than she is of her own KIDS!
Because those watches say, "Look at me everyone, I landed meself a Rich Euro."
Yup, that's our Gold Digging Skank Meary !